Closing date: Friday 26 February and Thursday 19 August 2021
Contact: Phil Railton-Jacks, Funding and Process Advisor: email@example.com
Value: $130,000 to allocate through two funding rounds each year.
The Mayoral Relief Fund is a partnership between Wellington City Council and the Wellington City Mission. The fund supports people who are experiencing an emergency.
- power or gas disconnected, with young children living at the property
- tenancy eviction - emergency accommodation required
- family or personal crisis
- unable to buy food as a result of an emergency
- homelessness as a result of an emergency
No cash advances or cash loans are provided to clients.
How to apply
Read the information on this page, then apply using the application form on the Wellington City Mission website.
Application form (673KB PDF)
$20,000 is available annually through the Wellington City Mission. This is currently allocated across food-bank expenses and other emergency services.
- Applicants must be residents of the Wellington city rate paying area.
- All applicants will be assessed individually.
- Applicants must complete an application form and provide proof of need, such as an eviction letter, a letter confirming that power has been disconnected, letters of refusal for advances from Work and Income, or proof of unexpected expenditures.
Wellington City Mission
Phone: 04 389 2033