Closed: This fund has now been fully allocated for the 2023-2024 financial year (the third and final year of the fund).
Contact: Yvonne Mackie, Funding Team Leader: Yvonne.Mackie@wcc.govt.nz
Value: $300,000 per financial year for three years (2021-2024). See past allocations (213KB PDF)
About this fund
The Living Wage for Events Fund was established as part of the Long-term Plan (2021-31) to support non-Council event organisers to apply for funding to enable them to deliver events that provide the living wage for participating artists, staff and contractors.
Applicants must be a legal entity, those groups or organisations that are not can apply using an umbrella agreement with another organisation, Applications are made through our online funding portal. See the funding calendar for closing and decision dates.
Initiatives must be designed to achieve at least one of the following aims of the fund;
Provide support for events being delivered in Wellington City to provide living wage for;
- staff and contractors who are directly employed to deliver, produce and perform at the event/s
- participating artists and performers.
Applicants will need to provide detailed information as part of the application to demonstrate how they will utilise funding to support the living wage.
To be eligible to apply to this fund, applicants must:
- be a legal entity (or community group using an umbrella), this includes Māori entities, schools, social enterprises or businesses
- have an event that is taking place in Wellington City and mainly benefits the people of Wellington.
We will prioritise support for events that can demonstrate how they will utilise funding to support the living wage and be able to provide supporting information as part of their report on any approved funding.
We will prioritise support for events that support one or more outcomes of the Council's Events Policy, these events outcomes are:
- Events that contribute and celebrates the arts
- Events that partner with mana whenua to develop, promote and deliver cultural events that profile mana whenua
- Events that support communities in creating their distinctive character
- Strive to be an environmentally friendly event and sustainable in the long term
- Events that promote inclusive, tolerant and strong communities.
The fund will not cover events where the primary purpose is to promote religious ministry or political objectives or for Council events, including those run by Council Controlled Organisations.
The Fund will be reviewed and moderated by a cross-Council panel of specialists. This will include staff from our Creative Capital teams. Officers will engage with external stakeholders where needed, this would include the Living Wage Coalition.
Decision making for the fund is via the Pītau Pūmanawa, Grants Subcommittee, funding rounds will align with existing Council funding rounds. For events that are scheduled outside our scheduled closing dates please contact the funding team directly, Council agreed to an option of approving some grants via Committee and Subcommittee Chairs.
Read the information on this page, then register and apply online through our funding portal: Funding Portal - Apply online
Apply for the fund
You can apply for the fund through our Funding Portal. You can also check your application status if you've already applied for funding. If you receive an error message when trying to access the funding portal on a mobile device, please use these instructions or contact the Funding Team.
Go to Funding Portal