Contact: Yvonne Mackie, Funding Team Leader: email@example.com
Value: $55,000 to allocate annually. The maximum grant is for 30% of the annual rental or lease cost or $15,000, whichever is less. See past allocations (36KB PDF).
About the grant
The venue should provide a multi-purpose community space to run activities to meet the needs of the community. Community development and community capability building should be a core function of the applicant organisation.
The applicant organisation has to have a management committee to manage the facility. Preference will be given to projects which support multiple user groups.
Applications can also be made for support towards specific costs.
Apply for the fund
If you have applied for funding from the Council before, you can create a new funding request by logging into the funding portal. If you receive an error message when trying to access the funding portal on a mobile device please use these instructions or contact the Funding Team.
Go to the Funding Portal
Community venue assistance is intended to help with the creation of spaces for use by the community. The venue must be used to deliver services and activities that contribute to the social wellbeing focus areas.
- Projects must provide for a multi-purpose community space to run activities that meet the needs of the community.
- Community development and community capability building is a core function of the applicant organisation.
- The applicant organisation has a management committee to proactively manage the facility.
- The applicant organisation has an active membership of 20 or more, excluding the committee, and the membership list is available for public inspection.
- There is a demonstrable gap or need for the facility.
- The Council does not support similar venues in the local area or suburb.
- The applicant organisation may only receive funding in two consecutive years.
- The maximum grant is for 30% of the annual rental or lease cost or $15,000, whichever is the lesser.
- Preference will be given to projects which support multiple user groups.
Your project will also need to meet the Social and Recreation Fund Criteria.