Businesses have a powerful role to play in responding to the climate emergency. And increasingly, businesses are realising the many benefits of taking a different approach:
- Loyal customers, who are looking for companies that embody their values, and produce more climate-friendly, ethical, and locally sourced products and services.
- Recruiting and retaining high-quality talent.
- Being a preferred supplier or contractor when bidding for work.
- Creating a more resilient, future-proof business.
There is a range of resources and initiatives available to help you reduce your business's carbon footprint and become more sustainable. Take climate action today and help make Te Whanganui-a-Tara Wellington become a net zero capital by 2050.
Climate Action Toolbox
Make an action list and complete a step by step plan using the Climate Action Toolbox. Learn where your business can make the most impact in:
- moving people
- moving goods
- office operations
- site operations and equipment
- designing products.
The toolbox is delivered in partnership between the central government, BNZ, Meridian, and the Sustainable Business Network.
Offering the option to occasionally work from home can make a big difference for our city’s transport emissions.