Art Collection Advisory Group
Members of this panel include:
- Councillor spokesperson for Arts and Culture
- Art Collection Manager
- Representative of City Gallery
- External arts advisors
Members are selected for their knowledge of heritage and contemporary New Zealand art and the development and maintenance of art collections. This group meets twice a year to:
- make recommendations and selection of new artworks to be purchased
- review and determine works to be accepted from donors, wanting to give artworks to the city
- provide guidance on the collections display and exhibition
- ensure the aims of the Furnishings Collection Policy (2005) are met.
Public Art Panel
The panel of contemporary arts advocates, including curators from Te Papa Tongarewa and City Gallery Wellington, come together as curators for the city. The panel makes sure the aims of the Public Art Policy are realised, and supports the production and presentation of public art activity.
The panel is responsible for:
- overseeing the development of a forward work programme for public art activity
- identifying opportunities to integrate art into the Council's capital works projects
- selecting proposals to be funded from the Public Art Fund, including light box exhibitions
- reviewing and responding to offers of public art gifts
- liaising with the Wellington Sculpture Trust over annual grants and planning matters.