About the project
The upgrades include:
- installing a new footpath
- constructing a new 40m long retaining wall
- constructing a new staircase
- installing handrails
- new road marking and priority control at the narrow section of Rangiora Avenue
- improving traffic flow by installing ‘No Stopping At All Times’ restrictions.
After our planting work we started construction of the staircase to connect Rangiora Avenue with Hutt Road.
As weather allows we will continue working on the steep slope to construct the staircase and this is due for completion by the end of May.
The new alignment required the removal of one tree, and we planted another tree in its place. We also removed several pest plants in the area.
We redesigned the staircase alignment to ensure the protection of several Pohutukawa trees on the slope.
Amin Shahin, Team Leader Transport Engineer
Phone: 04 499 4444