9 March 2020:
Work progress in week one (March 2-6):
- Installation of the first section of kerb and channel;
- A temporary road level built (the final road level will be installed once crews resurface the road later on in the project);
- Temporary no stopping line marking and directional arrows installed to guide people through the work area after hours;
- Installation of ramping and fence for resident vehicle turnaround area. This will also be used by the bus shuttle;
- Cleaning and vegetation maintenance work.
- From Monday 9 March kerb and channel, footpath and vehicle crossing work continues between 7am and 5pm each week day. Given the limited road width, this week traffic management through Palliser Road will change from stop go to no vehicle through route, apart from residents and emergency vehicles. Residents, please try to keep access through the work site to a minimum as this will help us to complete work as quickly as possible.
- After work hours there will be one way access only from Roseneath Terrace to Bayview Terrace.
- Bus services will not be able to get through the site from Monday 9 March until the end of the work as there is not enough road width for buses to get past the work site. Buses are being replaced with shuttles and a modified route. Check out the Metlink website for information about the shuttle bus locations.
- Rubbish and recycling services will operate as normal for Palliser Road residents. Please use the bags provided in your letter box to replace the yellow lid bins as this will make it easier for crews to take them down the hill and be collected. Rubbish will also be taken down the hill by our crews.
- A 30km/h speed limit will apply after hours. Please keep your speed down to keep pedestrians safe.
Palliser Road Roadworks
Crews are working on Palliser Road between Roseneath Terrace and Bayview Terrace.
The project is expected to take around five weeks, from March 2nd through to the first week of April.
Crews will work between 7am and 5pm each day. During this time the road will be closed to through traffic, including cyclists. Pedestrian access will remain open at all times.
Map of Palliser Road maintenance works (1602KB JPG)
Residents will have 24/7 access to their property but please follow the directions of road crews and take care. There may be restricted access at times due to the stages of the project and where crews are working.
Alternative routes to Mount Victoria lookout
If coming from Newtown: Constable Street and Alexandra Road.
If coming from Hataitai: Hapua Street to Rakau Road to Marewa Road to Upoko Street.
Bus service information
Bus services on route 20 are disrupted by the roadworks on Palliser Road. The route will be serviced by a shuttle. For details see: Route 20 shuttle information - Metlink
We will provide weekly updates once work starts. If you would like to receive a copy of the update email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to the distribution list.
The road and footpath on Palliser Road are showing signs of fatigue which is why we need to do this work. This important maintenance work will ensure the road and footpath are safe for everyone.
Phone: 04 387 4852