About the project
This project is part of our renewal process which aims to enhance the quality and performance of our artificial turf surfaces, ensuring a safer and more enjoyable experience for our ground users.
- Removal of the existing turf and infill
- Inspection, protection, and rectification of the existing shock pad that remains serviceable
- Installation of the new artificial turf surface including an organic infill BrockFILL
- Replace the existing chain link fence, the replacement will be like for like and will not differ from the current fence
- Refurbishment of six existing sports light towers
- Replacement of existing halogen lights with new LED lights, the lux of the lights will remain the same
- Replacing the existing lighting switch board and installing a lighting scheduling system
- Replace the existing 5 pedestrian walkway lights
- Construction phase: the construction phase will commence on October 9th, 2023, until late December 2023 (weather permitting). This phase will involve the installation of the new artificial turf and the implementation of upgrades to the floodlights, pedestrian walkway lights and fences. During this time access is still available to the Nairnville Recreation Centre, grass fields and lower carpark.
- Quality assurance and testing phase: this phase will commence in late December 2023 and be completed early February 2024. During this phase our contractors will conduct thorough quality assurance checks and testing to ensure the artificial turf meets safety, performance, and durability standards.
For more information please contact David Halliday.