We're giving Keith Spry Pool a much needed refresh to smarten it up with the rest of Waitohi.
It’s already underway, but now we’re preparing for the more major works which mean the main pool will be closed for four months from 14 Dec to April.
Opening hours for the facility will be 9.30am-5.30pm until early February. Hours may vary in Term 1, but we will provide updates ahead of time.
The project is split into three phases, over nine months:
Stage one: September - October
- All pools remain open
- Refurbishment of Level one staff area
Stage two: 14 December - April
- Main pool will be closed for four months
- Children’s pool closed for two weeks
- Works above spa, sauna and reception area to the ceiling and timber beams
- Works to replace the skylight and install a new acoustic ceiling
- Lick of paint to brighten things up
Stage three: April - June
- All pools are open again
- Accessible change closed
- Building a new multi-function space, upgrading accessible/family change rooms and building new public toilets on Frankmoore Avenue
Impact on SwimWell
SwimWell term one lessons will be impacted by the main pool closure, but we’ll be getting in touch early January with each affected customer to make alternative arrangements.
For more info head to the SwimWell website.
For more information about the upgrade contact Amy Carter, Community Pools Manager Amy.Carter@wcc.govt.nz
For SwimWell queries firstname.lastname@example.org