Khandallah as a medium-density housing area
Areas around Khandallah town centre have the important features that support successful medium-density development.
- a town centre with shopping, services and local employment
- good access to public transport networks
- room for new residential buildings
- good access to community facilities, schools and open spaces
- commercially-viable options for developers to produce targeted residential development at an affordable price for potential owners.
Areas within 5 and 10 minutes walk from Khandallah village centre
Where could this happen in Khandallah?
Medium-density housing is generally encouraged within 5 to 10 minutes’ walk from town centres, as in Johnsonville and Kilbirnie. This gives residents good access to shopping, services and public transport routes.
What this could look like in Khandallah?
See examples of what medium-density housing could look like in Khandallah: Examples of medium-density housing
These high-quality houses have low-maintenance sections and are no more than three storeys high. The range of sizes and types of houses give people choices that suit their needs.
Future population and housing trends