This work is being carried out to ensure resilience of the transport network and connectivity to Wellington city.
What we are doing
Stabilising the bank with an anchored netting system.
What to expect
- There will be a one lane (hill side) closure for 8 weeks between 13 July and 11 September
- Roadside parking will not be available at the site during the works (see map). This will be marked as with a combination of yellow lines and no parking cones. No parking in these areas will be in place from Sunday 12 July. All parking will be reinstated once works are complete.
- Traffic management will be operational around the worksite. Any vehicles obstructing work areas, traffic or no parking areas may be towed to a nearby suitable area. If your vehicle is not where you parked it, please call the contractor please contact us.
- Please expect minor delays in this area while works are in progress
- There will be no disruption to waste collection
For the duration of the works, the bus stop (6528) outside 171 Grafton Road will be temporarily closed and will become a no parking zone. The next closest southbound bus stop (6529) is located outside 17 Hataitai Road. The original bus stop will be reinstated once works are complete. Please see the map showing the lane closure, affected parking areas and affected bus stop.
- Please stand well back from the action
- Follow the directions of workers, and warn children about the potential dangers, and keep your pets away from the worksite.
- There will be cones and barriers, and surfaces may be uneven. If you are walking in this area, please take extra care to avoid potential trip hazards, particularly when it’s dark.
A map of the work area, including lane closures and no parking zones.
Map of proposed works (350KB JPG)
- Construction work can be disruptive for residents and/or businesses
- We will be doing all we can to minimise the impact on your household and/or business. Your cooperation and patience will help us get the job done as quickly as possible.
If you have questions about the project, please contact:
Wellington City Council - Civil/Structure