1 September 2017
Persistent rain and winds have caused numerous slips around Wellington. Please check the affected areas on our website, and keep an eye on our social media for the latest updates.
We'll update this page as contractors advise progress.
Update #2 – 1:30pm
Northern part of the city
- Homebush Rd – Downer tree team clearing veg, 5 ton loader on the way, Traffic control in place.
- Ngaio Gorge Rd - 2.5 ton loader attended, complete.
- Slip logged on Main Rd Tawa near Fyvie ave blocking one lane.
- Garden Road - Downer Tree team clearing veg, 5 ton digger on site, Traffic control in place.
- Raroa Rd - Made safe not causing safety issue, to be programed as time permits.
- Chaytor St – Downer Tree team clearing veg, 5 ton digger on site, Traffic control in place.
- Salamanca Rd - Made safe, to be programmed as time permits, Traffic control in place and may be manned due to University open day – assessment currently being done on necessity.
- Birdwood St - Made safe not causing safety issue, to be programmed as time permits.
- Grant Rd – Downer Veg team to attend with next hour, 5 ton digger to clear.
- Blackbridge Rd – Downer Tree team onsite.
- Makara Rd - Made safe to be programmed as time permits.
- Onslow Rd - Will be cleared with 5 ton loader on route to Homebush Rd.
- George St - Site assessed some veg removed, to be programmed as time permits.
- Barnard St x 2 - 2.5 tone loader attending.
- Sefton x 2 - 2.5 ton loader attending.
Southern part of the city
- Breaker Bay / Pass of Branda, road is closed. 200m3 of material. Crew on site.
- Slip on Mt Pleasant Rd, job logged.
- Palliser Rd slip onto car. Approx 20m3 of slip material. Crew on site.
- Thane Rd small slip. Approx 1m3, not blocking lane.
- Whaui Rd Slip 3m3. Made safe.
- Beacon Hill Road Slip by Tio Tio Rd 4m3. Crew attending.
- Vallance St Kilbirnie, Trees down on power lines and slip onto residents driveway. To checking private status.
- Brooklyn Rd, 4 x slips between Bidwill and Ohiro Rd. Coned off, made safe.
- Ariki Rd, approx. 5m3, made safe.
- Mornington Rd 5m3 and 3m3 slips. Both being attended by crews.
- Miramar North Rd, 3m3 slip, made safe.
- The Esplanade, large slip covering both lanes. Road closure requested by Police Council staff assessing.