Your photo could be a winner. Photo by Adrian Rumney
The Otari-Wilton’s Bush Photo Competition opens at 12 noon this Saturday - on Otari’s annual open day and plant sale. You can get a head start by taking part in a photography workshop or, for inspiration, join one of the walks exploring Otari’s trails and plant treasures.
The competition is open to amateur and professional photographers who have visited Otari-Wilton’s Bush or who plan to visit before our competition ends at 12 midnight Sunday 1 December.
The categories are:
- Plant portrait - capture a New Zealand native plant
- Otari photo - reveal an aspect of Otari-Wilton’s Bush
- Young person’s photo - any New Zealand native plant or Otari photo taken by someone 13 years and under.
- a $100 voucher from Wellington Photographic Supplies
- a copy of Field Guide to New Zealand Native Trees by John Dawson and Rob Lucas (courtesy of Otari-Wilton’s Bush Trust)
- a bowl carved out of Otari wood.
The People’s Choice winner, selected through voting on the Botanic Garden Facebook page, receives a bowl carved out of Otari wood and a selection of native plants.
Otari Open Day, featuring walks and community stalls, starts with the plant sale at 10am, Otari-Wilton’s Bush, 160 Wilton Road. For more information, see:
Otari-Wilton's Bush - Events Calendar
For more about Otari Wilton’s Bush Photo Competition, visit:
Botanic Gardens of Wellington - Facebook
To see the photographs submitted to last year's competition, see:
Photo Competition: Otari-Wilton’s Bush - Flickr