Summer beach restrictions applying to Balaena Bay, Hataitai Bay, Island Bay, Seatoun Beach and Worser Bay limiting dogs to before 9am and after 7pm will be lifted for winter. But, with the exception of Worser Bay, dogs must be on a lead at all times.
It’s also time to apply for ‘Responsible Dog Owner’ status and receive a discount of $60 - $100 on standard dog registration fees.
The closing date for applications is 30 April.
To qualify, you must:
- have been a registered dog owner in Wellington for at least one year, or
- have passed an approved Responsible Dog Owner education and obedience course, or
- provide proof of having held Responsible Dog Owner status under another Council.
You should also pay your annual dog registration fees by 31 July.
To stay in touch, sign up for our enewsletter for dog owners - Capital Canines:
eNewsletters - Subscribe
Capital Canines will keep you informed about:
- dog registration
- Council dog policy
- activities for dogs in the city
- tips about caring for your pet.
Lastly, if you and your dog have moved - please let us know now by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can write to:
Animal Control Team
Wellington City Council
PO Box 2199