For the first time, we've brought the city's Christmas celebrations into one big day. The parade starts at 2pm so make sure to get there early - use public transport or walk if possible.
Santa's Party in the Park will be on after the parade at 3.30pm. Families can walk safely to Waitangi Park via Civic Square and the City to Sea bridge - there'll be food, carol singing and entertainment.
Exodus Carols by Candlelight begins at 7.30pm, and as darkness falls, the Telecom Tree will help light up the celebrations. Santa will also make a special appearance.
Parade route: from the corner of Lambton Quay and Balance Street, along Lambton Quay to Willis Street, into Mercer Street, along Victoria Street and into Manners Street.
Parade cancellations: listen to MoreFM at 9am on Sunday or phone (04) 499 4444.
Road Closures Sunday 9 December
The following roads will be closed from 7am - 4pm:
- Ballance Street between Lambton Quay and Featherston Street
- Stout Street between Lambton Quay and Whitmore Street (the exit to the parking building will remain open)
- Maginnity Street between Waring Taylor Street and Ballance Street.
The following roads will be closed from 10am - 5pm:
- Lambton Quay between Whitmore Street and Willis Street
- Willis Street between Lambton Quay and Manners Street
- Customhouse Quay between Willis Street and Hunter Street
- Willeston Street between Willis Street and Victoria Street
- Victoria Street between Harris Street and Dixon Street
- Wakefield Street between Mercer Street and Cuba Street
- Cuba Street between Wakefield Street and Manners Street
- Manners Street between Willis Street and Taranaki Street and Mercer, Bond, Lombard and Cornhill streets.
There will be no parking on the majority of these streets from 7am through to 5pm.
There will be temporary bus stops on Customhouse Quay and Jervois Quay.