Building and Housing Seminars
6 October 2009
'Can you build it?' - a series of free lunchtime seminars kicks off 7 October at Central Library, Victoria Street where you can learn about building consents, resource consents and LIM (Land Information Memorandum) reports.
All seminars take place from 12 noon - 1.00pm - just show up on the day.
Consent or no consent – that is the question
Wednesday, 7 October
- What building work can you do without a consent?
- How you can find out if you're not sure?
- Why we need consents
Consents for dummies - a beginner's guide to the process
Wednesday, 14 October
- Resource consents and building consents - what's the difference?
- How to apply, what to supply
- What happens to your application
- How long will it take?
Getting started - and keeping on track
Wednesday, 21 October
- Talking to neighbours
- Calling for inspections
- Inspections - red tape or useful support?
- Final sign-off
Every house has a story - fact or fiction
Wednesday, 28 October
- Information the City Council holds about properties.
- Selling? Helping the buyer reach a decision.
- Buying? Finding out about a property.