Sport & Rec Strategy | Joel de Boer
WCC is involved in the development of a Wellington Regional Sport and Active Recreation Strategy (WRSARS) by Sport Wellington.
As part of this development Joel is interested in the Youth perspective on the following:
- Barriers to participations in sport and active recreation e.g. what Council could do to increase participation - an areas of focus is the late teens (and older adults).
- Can WCC provide better accessibility to facilities, spaces and places to ensure sustainable investment?
- Do they think we do enough to promote performance success for young athletes?
- Joel to present and frame discussion
- YC to give feedback
- Next steps to be determined – memo/submission development to be discussed