Environmental Reference Group
Monday 7th April 2008, 5.30 p.m.
Committee Room 1
Ground Floor, Council Offices
101 Wakefield Street
Induction – a chance for Cr Wade-Brown to meet with Sea, Hamish, Kathryn, Tim, Waruna, Nigel and Cr Pannett to introduce them to the work of the ERG and to explain Council processes.
Tea/Coffee/Juice, Greetings and Apologies
Confirmation of Minutes
Welcome for new members
Dr Sea Rotmann
Tim Park (WRC)
Waruna Padmasiri (Youth Council), (Nigel Smith – Second)
Cr Iona Pannett
Information-Sharing and Announcements
Any updates to ERG Calendar?
• e-Day support in September
• Ngauranga to Airport Strategic Transport Study consultation
• Transition Towns [http://www.transitiontowns.org.nz/] – National Street Party Day on 23 February
• Feedback from SPC – report and members’ statement
• Communication frequency/modes between meetings
Forum during World Environment Day (Thursday 5 June)
• permission from members to post names and contact numbers on the Council website
• ToR progress
Overview of GWRC Regional Policy Statement
Treatment Plant Resource Consents update
Northern Reserves Management Plan – a chance for members to ask questions and offer comment, following Mike’s presentation at our February meeting. The plan can be found at
Note: If you are running later than 5:30 and find yourself locked out of the building, please ring Ken’s cellphone at 021 131 7527.
Information and recommendations contained in all agendas and reports are recommendations only and are not to be construed, in any way, as Council policy until adopted. Minutes are unconfirmed until confirmed at a subsequent meeting.