This is the primary forum for advice to the Council during the developmental stages for water, energy, waste, biodiversity, urban design and transport management, in the context of Council’s roles and priorities.
- Advise Council on the best ways to improve Wellingtonian’s quality of life environmentally, socially, culturally and economically by protecting and enhancing the local environment.
- Bring knowledge and insight into Council around the environment, including water, energy, waste, biodiversity, urban design and transport management, in the context of Council’s roles and priorities.
The ERG will not be seen as representing all views on the environment in the City.
Terms of Reference (250KB PDF) | Text version (50KB DOCX)
Environmental Reference Group members
- Michelle Rush (Co-Chair)
- Shannon Wallace (Co-Chair)
- Steven Almond
- David Binstead
- Spencer Clubb
- Eugene Doyle
- Sally Faisandier
- George Hobson
- Emina Petrovic
- Summer Satherwaite
- Matt Scott
- Ben Zwartz
- Councillor Nīkau Wi Neera
- Councillor John Apanowicz (alternate)
These annual reports give information on the Environmental Reference Group's work and achievements and how they've addressed issues: