Accessibility Advisory Group
Tuesday 27th July 2010, 5.30 p.m.
Committee Room 2
Ground Floor, Council Offices
101 Wakefield Street
1. Joint chairs welcome the group
3. Adoption of minutes
4. Engaging maori with disabilities
Karen hill, senior advisor city communities, to lead a discussion on engaging with maori with disability.
5. Embeding accessibility
Ken bowater, contractor, city communities, to outline his role and lead a discussion including the following:
• If the council provided improved feedback, what would it look like?
• Clarification of points in the aag draft action plan contributions.
• Examples of when we have 'got it right' - and descriptions of why this was good. I am looking for existing council models of effective practice that i can highlight to other managers so they can see it is achievable.
6. Drg subgroup reports
The 2010-11 subgroups will report on discussions to-date.
7. Report from the chairs
8. Council officers’ report
work on the horizon
9. Other business
Information and recommendations contained in all agendas and reports are recommendations only and are not to be construed, in any way, as Council policy until adopted. Minutes are unconfirmed until confirmed at a subsequent meeting.