Resource consent conditions
Once your resource consent is granted it will list any conditions you need to comply with and what we need to monitor while building work is underway. We do this to protect the environment and the community from any effects your activity may cause.
To comply with the conditions of your resource consent, you must:
- get any required plans approved before work starts
- let us know when you intend to start building work or begin earthworks
- complete the work within the timeframe given on your consent.
As the property owner, you're responsible for complying with the conditions of your consent – even though you may have hired a project manager or builder to run the job on a day-to-day basis.
If the conditions of your resource consent aren't complied with, we may need to take enforcement action to make sure your project doesn't harm the environment.
Let us know when you intend to start your building work
You must let us know when you're planning to start work at least 48 hours before you begin. You can email compliance monitoring email@example.com, or phone 04 801 4017 and leave a message.
You'll need to provide:
- the property address where the work will be done
- your contact details
- your Service Request Number – you can find this on the top right-hand corner of your resource consent
- the date the work will start.
Once you have let us know that you've started work, you'll be assigned a compliance monitoring officer who will be in contact throughout the process.
If you need further approval before work starts
Some of your conditions may require you to get plans approved before you begin building work – for example:
- a construction management plan
- an earthworks management plan
- a traffic management plan
- a noise management plan.
You’ll need to submit any required plans to the compliance monitoring officer for approval before you can start any work.
How we monitor your conditions
You'll be charged per hour for the time we spend on:
- site visits (most resource consents will need two or more site inspections)
- reviewing your conditions
- any written communication with you or your agent.
We may agree to reduce the charges if you carry out appropriate monitoring and reporting back to us.
Resource consent fees
Site inspections and spot checks
The number of site inspections you'll need will depend on the size of the project and how well you're complying with your conditions.
Additional inspections may be required if:
- your consent is complex
- there are significant number of conditions imposed
- any complaints have been received.
What happens after an inspection
After each site inspection, you'll receive an email or a letter outlining:
- the conditions you're complying with
- any remedial work you need to do to rectify an issue.
If we're not satisfied you've fixed the problem or it's more severe, you may be issued with an abatement notice – this will outline any actions you need to take.
What you need to do
Most site inspections don’t require you or your agent to be present, but if you would like to be there you can contact the compliance monitoring officer to arrange a time.
If we’re doing spot checks, we may not be able to make an appointment with you.
If you want to change or cancel any conditions
You'll need to apply to us if you want to change or cancel any of your conditions after they've been granted.
You must include with your application:
- amended plans to show the proposal doesn't alter compliance/non-compliance with the District Plan rules – if the change or cancellation refers to the repositioning of structures
- an assessment of environmental effects (AEE) relating to the change
- written approval of anyone considered affected by the change.
If we consider the activity or effects of the change or cancellation are to be materially different, you may need to submit a new resource consent application.
Note: If your first application was publicly notified then please contact a planning officer on 801 3590 to discuss written approval requirements.
Submit and pay for your application
It costs $1040 to change or cancel one or more conditions. You can pay in person or attach a cheque to your application form.
You may get a refund or an invoice depending on how long it takes us to process your application.
Application for Change or Cancellation of Condition(s) of Resource Consent form (520KB PDF)
We aim to check mail applications within two working days of receiving them.
PO Box 2199
You can submit your application and supporting documents at our Service Centre between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. You don't need an appointment.
If you have questions or concerns about the monitoring process or your conditions, you can contact your assigned compliance monitoring officer or the resource management team.
Resource consents monitoring team
Phone: 04 801 4017