Newtown Park Apartments
Newtown Park Apartments needed significant upgrading, including earthquake strengthening and adding more family units and reducing the number of bedsits.
- earthquake strengthening
- insulation and ventilation, heaters, double glazing, thermal curtains
- solar hot water system
- modern kitchens and bathrooms
- communal indoor spaces (eg letterboxes and laundry)
- outdoor spaces (eg new playground and balconies)
- access, safety and security (eg better lighting, new fire alarms)
- rubbish and recycling system.
Architects: Studio Pacific
Contractors: Hawkins Construction
What the tenants say