- open to all licensed venue owner / operators within Wellington city
- a voluntary commitment
- granted on a 12-month basis
There is a cost for Capital Host branded collateral.
The benefits of joining the forum include:
- opportunities to work together with other licensed venues and local agencies
- opportunities to meet and discuss common issues with other venue operators and managers
- becoming a signatory to the Wellington Capital Host Charter
- access to training, events and workshops.
Wellington Licensee Forum - essential briefing
On 15 November 2012, the Wellington Licensee Forum held an 'Essential Briefing' for all owner / operators which included:
Over 100 licensees, managers and staff attended the briefing which gave a valuable opportunity for people in the hospitality industry to network, receive important information on current issues and take away essential resources to support the industry's contribution to our reputation as the 'Coolest little Capital'.
If you attended the briefing and have further questions contact:
Jenny Rains, Community Services Manager
To join the Wellington Licensee Forum, complete and submit the application form and checklist.
When applying, show on the checklist how you meet the criteria on safety, service and being proud hosts.
You can post the form and checklist to:
Wellington City Council
PO Box 2199
The forum's steering committee will then assess and audit the application. The committee gives venues support to help achieve membership.
As a member, signing the Wellington Capital Host Charter shows your commitment to:
- operating your venue responsibly
- providing a safe environment
- having pride in the venue and in Wellington.
To maintain membership and receive a Charter at the start of each year, you need to:
- demonstrate commitment to the forum's objectives
- attend meetings regularly.
Members who do not meet these requirements are identified either through the Capital Host Charter Checklist process or by coming to the attention of Police and/or the District Licensing Agency. In this case, members will be asked to improve their practices or forgo their membership.