The community awards recognise volunteer groups making valuable contributions to their communities. They are supported by the Wellington Airport, in partnership with Wellington Community Trust, Wellington City Council and the four other local councils.
There five categories are:
- Arts & culture - enhance and increase participation in arts and creative leisure activities.
- Education & child/ youth development - improve or enhance the educational and social development of children/ youth.
- Health & wellbieng - enhancing the health and wellbeing of our community.
- Heritage & environment - improvement or revitalising of the environment, culture or heritage.
- Sport & leisure - increase participation and enjoyment in physical sport, leisure activities and recreational pursuits.
- Rising star award - the rising star award is designed to recognise and encourage merging and grass-roots groups doing great things in our community. To qualify, the groups or projects need to have been in operation for less than two years, be 100% volunteer run, be new to our Community awards, and not part of a national organisation.
For more information about the community awards and to make a nomination see Community Awards
The Wellington Accessibility Awards recognise businesses, initiatives and people who help make Wellington City more accessible for everyone. They are supported by the Wellington City Council.
The five categories are:
- Accessibility champion - celebrating a local leader or champion who has made a significant contribution to improving accessibility in Wellington.
- Accessible initiative - celebrating an initiative that improves the accessibility of places, services or information in Wellington.
- Customer service award - celebrating customer service that has gone the extra mile to eliminate barriers to participation.
- Innovative design in accessibility award - celebrating innovative design that improves accessibility in Wellington.
For more information about the accessibility awards and to make a nomination see Accessibility Awards