Now is the time – more than ever – to spread the love by supporting local.
This Christmas we’ve made it even easier (and entertaining) to Love Local and explore Wellington stores, eateries, bars and attractions.
Love Local Performers
Throughout December there will be a line-up of live music and performances around the city to give the capital a little extra jingle – keep an eye out for entertainment around Lambton Quay, Cuba Street, and Courtenay Place Park, and visit our Facebook and Twitter pages for the latest updates:
- Thursday 3, Friday 4, Saturday 5, and Sunday 6 December from 12 noon to 2pm
- Thursday 10, Friday 11, Saturday 12, and Sunday 13 December from 12 noon to 2pm
- Thursday 17, Friday 18, Saturday 19, Sunday 20, Monday 21, Tuesday 22, Wednesday, and 23 December from 12 noon to 2pm.
Free shop-on shop-off bus
Explore the city and shop local by jumping on our free Love Local city loop bus.
Running between the Wellington Railway Station – Lambton Quay – Courtenay Place:
- Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 December from 10am to 4pm
- Saturday 12 and Sunday 13 December from 10am to 4pm
- Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 December 10am to 4pm.
Pick-ups approximately every 15 minutes.
Love Local parking specials
Christmas has come early with parking specials around the city.
Clifton Car Park
- When: Weekend parking
- Parking special: First two hours parking free, then $2 per hour (or part there-of) to a maximum of $6 a day. Available every weekend until 25 January 2021.
All Wilson car parks
- When: After 5pm weekend nights, and all day on weekends
- Parking special: Half price deal at all city centre sites using the Parkmate app (code WLGLOCAL). Available from 23 November until 20 December 2020.
Love Local Pop-up shop
Treat your elf at the Love Local pop-up shop in the corner of Willis and Mercer streets – opening Friday 4 December at noon.
The Love Local Pop-up shop will feature Fix & Fogg local nut butter, alongside a revolving cast of other local artisan offerings.
In partnership with Wellington Children’s Hospital.
Love Local Christmas events
Get into the holiday spirit and get down to the free Christmas events coming to the capital:
- A Very Welly Christmas – 12 noon Saturday 28 & Sunday 29 November
- 18th Johnsonville Lions Christmas Parade – 11am Saturday 5 December
- Kilbirnie Christmas Parade – 11am Sunday 6 December
- Tawa Christmas Parade – 2pm Saturday 12 December
It’s time to spruce things up
Do you love Christmas a whole watt?! Check out the city’s Christmas trees in Courtenay Place and Midland Park.
Christmas lights will be turned on Tuesday 1 December on Oriental Parade, Taranaki Street, Cuba Street, Lambton Quay, and Jervois Quay.
Wellington Advent Calendar 2020
A Wellington Christmas wouldn’t be the same without WellingtonNZ’s digital advent calendar
Wellington Advent Calendar
Live from Tuesday 1 December with 24 outstanding retail and hospitality offers valid until the end of February 2021.