- Rubbish is NOT collected on Good Friday. Instead, the collection is moved to the Saturday that follows. Collections on all other days will happen as usual. If your rubbish is collected by a private operator, contact them for information on their holiday collections.
- There is NO recycling service due to the Covid-19 lockdown.
- The Southern Landfill is closed due to the Covid-19 lockdown.
- The Contact Centre is staffed 24/7. Call 04 499 4444, email email@example.com or use the FixIt app to report incidents.
- The Emergency Welfare Team is staffed 24/7. Call 04 499 4444.
- Our Library customer service teams are available Mondays to Fridays except on Good Friday and Easter Monday. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 04 801 4040 or message on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
- Access to online Library services is available 24/7 at http://www.wcl.govt.nz/mygateway/
- The Karori Cemetery office is closed on public holidays. NB: During Covid-19 lockdown, the office is providing services online and over the phone but closed for face to face visits.
- The Karori and Makara Cemetery grounds are open all year, from 7.30am until dusk – but during Covid-19 Alert Level 4 lockdown we have closed the gates, so there is only pedestrian access for now. This has been done in response to large numbers driving far from home and gathering at the cemeteries, going against the lockdown guidelines.
- We are not sending noise control officers out to enforce noise complaints for health and safety reasons, except in exceptional circumstances. Complaints of noise from parties or gatherings will be passed to the Police as breaches of the lockdown.
- Animal Services have closed most of their services to the public. They are still responding to complaints or queries by phone. Any lost or roaming dogs are being returned to owner where possible. The Moa Point Shelter is closed with all dogs being held at the Lower Hutt shelter. If there are any dogs not able to be reunited with its owner, then the Lower Hutt shelter is where the dog will need to be collected from. Wellington dog owners need to contact Wellington City Council on 04 499 4444 if their dog is missing or is impounded.
Visit www.metlink.org.nz for details about the public holiday timetables for bus and train services.
For more information on Wellington City Council’s facility hours and services during the Covid-19 lockdown, you can visit wellington.govt.nz/covid-19, or get in touch with our Contact Centre 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year on 04 499 4444 or email@example.com. Keep an eye on our Facebook page @wellingtoncitycouncil for updates too.