Entertainment on the waterfront kicks off around 7pm with an exciting new addition to the programme, presented by our sister city Canberra, to be announced this week.
Entertainment around the waterfront
Carnival rides will operate in Waitangi Park until Sunday afternoon. Food vendors will trade from 12 noon to 9.30pm on Saturday. The Breeze will broadcast live from the Sky Show live from 7pm. The fireworks display begins at 9pm.
Listen to the synchronised Sky Show soundtrack on the Breeze (94.1 and 98.5FM) or MORE FM (99.7 and 95.3FM). Use terrestrial (AM/FM) radio to avoid delays experienced when streaming
The event will be livestreamed on Newshub and Metservice.
The fireworks will go ahead rain or shine but may be postponed for high winds. For on-the-day updates follow us on Facebook or Twitter, or listen to the Breeze (94.1 and 98.5FM) or MORE FM (99.7 and 95.3FM).
A number of measures will be in place to keep congestion to a minimum and make sure emergency services are able to get through if necessary.
Traffic management company EM Services will oversee traffic and parking restrictions around Mount Victoria and Oriental Parade. Many streets on Mount Victoria and Roseneath will be restricted to residents only, including those up the hill from the intersection of Hawker Street and Roxburgh Street. A one-way system will be put in place on Lookout Road between Thane Street and Alexandra Road from 6pm to 10pm.
Vehicle access to Clyde Quay Wharf (formerly the Overseas Passenger Terminal) will be restricted to residents only from 6pm to 10pm.
Roads affected 6pm-10pm
- Lookout Road – One Way system from Thane Road to Alexander Road, exit through Alexander Road. Closed when lookout full
- Thane Road – Lookout Road entry point and road closed when full
- Evans Bay Parade and Oriental Parade will be closed to through-traffic from Cobham Drive and Wellington Road. Resident and emergency vehicle access only
- Robieson Road – Resident access only
- Palliser Road – Resident access only
- Roseneath Terrace – Resident access only
- Hawker Street – Resident access only
Resident access will be managed by marshals at all locations.
There will be parking restrictions at:
- Grafton Road
- Carlton Gore Road
- Courtenay Place
Additional capacity will be available on trains and buses. For more Public Transport information contact Metlink on 0800 801 700.