The safety and wellbeing of our people is a priority. Please speak with your manager if you have questions, concerns or need support. You can call 0800 787 2867 to speak with a qualified counsellor under the Employee Assistance Scheme.
Working at Alert Level 2
- All our sites and services remain open, but with protocols in place to keep customers and staff safe. Please note that we are not requiring staff to work from home at Level 2.
- Our corporate offices are open, but with physical distancing of at least one metre in workspaces – including in meeting rooms, lunchrooms, vehicles and other shared spaces.
- For those staff working directly with customers in our facilities, please wear a mask at work and maintain a two-metre physical distance from members of the public.
- Teams that can, may want to consider having some staff work from home some of the time. Speak with your manager about what’s best for your team.
- All Council employees should sign in and out of all Council sites using the NZ COVID Tracer App, and encourage customers to do the same.
If you become unwell
Keep your manager informed if you become unwell or if you or a close contact contracts COVID-19.
There is a form in Risk Manager to fill out if you are:
- Going into voluntary or enforced self-isolation
- Being tested for COVID-19 or
- Tested positive for COVID-19.
If you don’t have access to Risk Manager, your manager can complete this form on your behalf.
Access to Council systems
- Your Council email can be accessed through any browser: https://outlook.office.com/mail/inbox
- Move meetings online and stay connected with your team using Microsoft Teams. You can download the Teams mobile app from the app store and login using your Council login details. Or access Teams on your mobile phone at at teams.microsoft.com.
- For more information about using Teams, speak to your manager or contact the Teams Helpdesk on 04 801 4403.
Options for accessing Whare Kura when working from home
The usual ‘Click log in with SAML and you’re logged in’ works a bit differently when you’re offsite/not connected to the WCC network.
To access the site using SAML in Internet Explorer:
- Go to wharekura.wcc.govt.nz
- Click Log in with SAML – You’ll be taken to a shared services log in page
- Type your username as wcc\username – this is the username you use to log into your WCC computer
- Type your computer password – the one you use to log into your computer
- Click Sign in
- You should now be logged into Whare Kura and have the same functionality as normal.
To log in when you don’t normally have SAML access or are not using Internet Explorer (useful for our staff who don’t have active directory computer logins e.g. life guards:
- Go to wharekura.wcc.govt.nz
- Type in their OneCouncil username
- Type in their OneCouncil password
- Click Log on.
For more information
- Keep checking this page for latest updates, or call our information line for staff - 0800 873 283.
- Stay in touch with your direct supervisor or manager
- If you have access to the network, read the resources available on Pokapū, the Council intranet.
- For IT support contact the Service Desk
- Phone: 04 886 2062
- Online portal: Hiko