Description of proposal
Wellington City Council, under section 342(1) (a) and Schedule 10 of the Local
Government Act 1974, proposes to ‘stop’ a 63m² portion of legal road in Maida Vale
The Council has determined that it no longer requires this land for public road purposes
and has no other purpose for the land.
The land (Section 2 SO 549141) adjoins 64 Maida Vale Road, Roseneath (Lot 6 DP
5344, held on ROT WN291/69. Once the 63m² of legal road land is stopped it will be
sold to the owner of 64 Maida Vale Road and amalgamated with the title to their
Any future buildings or activities on the land once stopped will be governed by the
Wellington City Council District Plan.
In addition to the road stopping proposal, the Council is also acquiring 2m² of the
existing property (Section 3 SO 549141), that land is to become legal road.
Objections to this proposal must be lodged in writing with:
Wellington City Council
PO Box 2199
- deliver it in person to:
Wellington City Council Reception
113 The Terrace
All submissions must be received by 5pm, Wednesday 17 March 2021.
All submissions must contain:
- your name, postal address and telephone number
- details of the proposal you are submitting on
- whether you support or oppose the proposal
- what aspects of the proposal you are neutral towards (if any)
- your submission statement, with reasons
- the decision you would like Wellington City Council to make
- whether you would like to make an oral submission to Councillors, to support your written submission.