Wellington City Council is considering granting a new licence to the Ministry of Education (subject to the usual terms and conditions noted below) over Wellington Town Belt land for access with the following details:
A licence to access over Wellington Town Belt for Ministry of Education at Mount Victoria 100 Alexandra Road being part of Section 1 SO 476360 (ROT 742966).
Wellington East Girls’ College is situated above the Mt Victoria Tunnel and backs onto the Wellington Town Belt at the top of Ellice Street in Mt Victoria. The Ministry of Education is carrying out weather-tightness and refurbishment work on two existing classroom blocks at Wellington East Girls’ College (the Site). As a result, the delivery of materials and the removal of demolished materials is needed. The Ministry of Education has requested approval to use an existing sealed driveway on the Wellington Town Belt, at the end of Ellice Street, for the delivery and removal of these materials to and from the Site.
Wellington Town Belt Act 2016 notification
Pursuant to Section 16 of the Wellington Town Belt Act 2016, Wellington City Council proposes to grant a new licence over Wellington Town Belt under Section 17 of the Wellington Town Belt Act 2016.
Pūroro Rangaranga | Social, Cultural and Economic committee meeting agenda – 2 June 2022 (560KB PDF)
Pūroro Rangaranga | Social, Cultural and Economic committee meeting minutes – 2 June 2022 (470KB PDF)
Make a submission
If you have any queries or would like to make a submission, you can send your query and/or submission:
- By email to: Kate.Brown@wcc.govt.nz
- By letter to:
Wellington City Council
PO Box 2199
All submissions must be received by 5pm on Friday 8 July 2022.
All objections and submissions must contain:
- your name, postal address, telephone number and email address (if applicable)
- details of the proposal you are submitting on
- whether you support or oppose the proposal
- what aspects of the proposal you are neutral towards (if any)
- your objection or submission statement, with reasons
- the decision you would like Wellington City Council to make
- whether you would like to make an oral objection or submission to Councillors, to support your written objection or submission.