Description of proposal
Wellington City Council, under section 342(1) of the Local Government Act 1974, proposes to ‘stop’ a 54m² portion of unformed legal road in Abel Smith Street, Te Aro.
The Council no longer requires this land for road purposes.
The land (Section 1 SO 497678) adjoins 45 Abel Smith Street, Te Aro (Lot 1 DP 17757, CFR WN619/87). Once the 54m² of legal road land is stopped Section 1 will be sold to the owners of 45 Abel Smith Street, Te Aro and the land titles amalgamated.
Any future buildings or activities on the land will be governed by the Wellington City Council District Plan once stopped.
A copy of the above documents is also available from:
- Central Library (Level 2), 65 Victoria Street, Wellington
- City Service Centre, 101 Wakefield Street, Wellington
To object to the proposed road stopping, you can:
- send it in writing to:
John Vriens, Property Services
Wellington City Council
PO Box 2199
All objections must be received by 5pm, Monday 26 September 2016.
All submissions must contain:
- your name, postal address, telephone number and email address (if applicable)
- details of the proposal you are submitting on
- whether you support or oppose the proposal
- what aspects of the proposal you are neutral towards (if any)
- your submission statement, with reasons
- the decision you would like Wellington City Council to make
- whether you would like to make an oral submission to Councillors, to support your written submission.