Proposal to increase central city parking fee
||23 May 2017
||7 June 2017
Map of the proposed area (33KB PDF)
- Recently, Council staff have received feedback from residents, retailers and business owners about the lack of available parking in high occupancy areas of the central city.
- It is recommended that this demand is managed through a combination of pricing, time limits and enforcement.
- The aim is to encourage turnover of parking spaces and reduce congestion by providing a greater financial incentive to park in less central locations.
- June 2017: Feedback is considered by the City Strategy Committee.
- July 2017: Changes to parking are introduced, if the proposal is approved.
If you have any comments or questions, email ParkingSensors@wcc.govt.nz