Proposal One: Construction of a five-storey commercial building on Site 10
Application 1: Consent sought from Wellington City Council – SR number 319386
Land use consents to construct, use and maintain a five-storey commercial building at Site 10 within the Lambton Harbour Area and associated earthworks for the construction of a basement level. The proposal involves the use and development of potentially contaminated land and on-site storage of hazardous substances (diesel fuel).
Application 2: Consent sought from Greater Wellington Regional Council – WGN150102
- : Water permit to divert and/or take groundwater during the construction of a commercial building, including the basement level.
- : Discharge permit for the potential discharge of contaminants to land, including to the reticulated stormwater system; and potential discharge to groundwater during construction of a new commercial building, including basement level.
Proposal Two: Development of public open spaces
Application 3: Consent sought from Wellington City Council – SR No: 320128
Land use consents to construct and use new and modified public open spaces and associated structures at North Kumutoto, including the establishment, maintenance and use of a building (former Toll Booth building) which is to be relocated to the site. The proposal involves earthworks, and the use and development of potentially contaminated land.
Application 4: Consent sought from Greater Wellington Regional Council - WGN150103:
- : Coastal Permit to occupy the coastal marine area with new structures associated with the proposed works.
- : Coastal Permit to construct, maintain and use structures in the coastal marine area, and associated modification to the protected wharf edge and reclamation edge, at North Kumutoto within the Lambton Harbour Development Area.
- : Coastal Permit to discharge contaminants to the coastal marine area during the construction of the public open spaces in and adjacent to the coastal marine area.
Public Notice (161KB PDF)
Original application documents
Volume 1: Applications
Assessment of environmental effects
Assessment of Environmental Effects (AEE) Report (1MB PDF)
Appendices to AEE
Applicants request for direct referral to the Environment Court
Council decision on direct referral request
Council's further information request - 1
Further Information Request #1 (4MB PDF)
What happens next
The Environment Court
All submitters who have since become section 274 parties, as well as Wellington City Council and Greater Wellington Regional Council must file their expert evidence with the Environment Court by 24 July 2015.
The Environment Court has confirmed that the applications will be heard in the week beginning 24 August 2015.