Local Government Elections 2016
||4 August 2016
||10 October 2016
Candidates may be nominated from 15 July to 12 noon, Friday 12 August 2016.
Nomination forms can be downloaded from Elections 2016 - Stand or can be picked up from the main foyer at the Council Electoral Office, 101 Wakefield Street.
The voting period begins on 16 September and ends on 8 October 2016. This year, voting papers can be returned by post or dropped off at the Council Electoral Office.
The Council will follow Single Transferable Voting Electoral System.
- Election of the mayor
- Election of three councillors for the Eastern Ward
- Election of three councillors for the Lambton Ward
- Election of three councillors for the Onslow-Western Ward
- Election of three councillors for the Northern Ward
- Election of two councillors for the Southern Ward
- Election of six members for the Makara-Ohariu Community Board
- Election of six members for the Tawa Community Board
Candidate names will be listed in random order on the voting documents.
Public Notice (560KB PDF)
Council Service Centre
101 Wakefield Street, Wellington