The upgrade at Newlands Park will focus on:
- Playground development – a brand new area adjacent to the skate park with play equipment focused on toddlers up to primary age children.
- All-weather casual recreation area – a new non-bookable facility with all-weather surface for ball sports and other activities.
- Basketball play area – a new half-court facility.
- Upgrading the skate park – introducing new features within the existing location.
- Installation of picnic and barbecue area – a new recreational space where families can gather.
- Providing public toilets – new facilities to be located close to the play space.
- Improving pedestrian access.
- Improving vehicle access and parking facilities – we have a number of physical constraints but will look at a potential new entrance and drop-off area, and development of a limited number of parking spaces.
- Creating an all-weather perimeter path – around both levels of the park.
- Ecological enhancement and connectivity – improving links between green networks in Newlands, Paparangi and the northern suburbs.
Map (6.5MB PDF)
Phase two: Further concept development
- End September 2019: Revised concept plan presented to the public – feedback open for two weeks.
- Mid October 2019: Feedback on revised concept plan closes.
- Mid November 2019: Final designs presented to the public.
Phase three: Construction
David Halliday, Project Manager Open Space
Parks, Sports and Recreation