24 hour parking restriction
An engagement process in February with local residents and the wider public showed good community support for a proposal to discourage parking in local residential streets for periods in excess of 24 hours, and provide relief for residents who experience significant inconvenience as a result of long-stay airport-related parking. The proposal accepted by Council was for:
- 24 hour parking restriction in Miramar South, specifically the area bounded by Calabar Road, Caledonia Street, Devonshire Road, Ellesmere Avenue, Crawford Green and Broadway.
- One exemption to be issued, free of charge, for each housing unit within the boundary areas.
- Cars parking for over 24 hours will be liable for a parking fine or tow away.
- The scheme will be monitored for a period of six months following implementation to see how it has performed and whether any further changes are needed.
Map of the proposed area: Miramar Parking: Proposed 24-hour Time Restricted Parking Boundary Map (2.67MB PDF)
For more details on the proposal, see:
News - Miramar South parking - 31.07.17
- May 2017: Feedback considered by the City Strategy Committee.
- July 2017: Letters to affected residents.
- 14 August 2017: Scheme begins
- February 2018: Evaluation of scheme
If you have any comments, feedback or inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org