Arlington redevelopment project
||29 April 2019
||29 May 2019
|Number of submissions
- The Council will lease Arlington sites 1 and 3 to HNZC for 125 years.
- The mix of housing will include up to 40 supported living units for tenants with complex issues.
- HNZC will retain an option to transfer the ownership of up to 30% of Arlington sites 1 and 3, so part of the site can be developed for affordable homes for sale.
- The Crown, through HNZC will be responsible for the redevelopment (including detailed design), social housing service management, funding and maintenance of the sites.
- The Council's masterplan for the site will be used to inform the detailed design and development of the site to help ensure good urban design and community outcomes, and appropriate density optimisation.
- June 2019 The Council considers submissions.
- June 2019 The Council makes a decision on the proposed agreement. If the proposal is approved, officers finalise the terms of the agreement with HNZC.
John McDonald, Housing Development Manager
Phone: 04 499 4444