Get Council support for your event
The Council's City Events team facilitates and supports Wellington City, Suburban, Cultural and Community events.
Contact the City Events team for more information on:
The team also produces and delivers Council events such as:
The Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency (WREDA) is responsible for managing the Major Events Fund and providing advice to major events that are planned to happen in Wellington. WREDA works with events to advance the Wellington economy, amplify Wellington’s profile and reputation, leverage key sector growth initiatives, and enhance regional vibrancy.
WREDA can assist major events with:
- event sponsorship - for events that meet criteria and are held in Wellington
- event marketing support for major events around the region
- regional and national event coordination
- logistical and venue support
- major event and host city bids
- advice on event planning, management and risk management
- facilitation of leverage activities