Follow Government advice
- Get your COVID Vaccine Pass – see below for how to get your pass
- Be ready to use your COVID Vaccine Pass to access places like hospitality venues, events, gatherings, libraries, and gyms.
- You do not need your COVID Vaccine Pass to access social housing or essential services like schools, supermarkets, dairies, pharmacies, public transport, and health care.
- If you leave home you must wear a mask around other people and in public places like shops, libraries, and on public transport.
- Continue to sign in or scan the QR code as you enter businesses or other premises. Use the NZ COVID Tracer app.
- If you live in a housing complex, please ask your visitors to sign in using the QR code at the entry to your housing complex.
- If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work or school. Don’t socialise.
- If you have a cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms call your doctor or Healthline on 0800 358 5453 and get advice about being tested. The latest information can be found on covid19.govt.nz or the Unite Against COVID-19 social media channels
Get your COVID Vaccine Pass
Tenant welfare needs
Call MSD if you urgently need groceries or other essential household items, like nappies and sanitary products, and they will let you know how they can help you. You can contact MSD even if you are not an existing customer.
For more information visit COVID-19 - Ministry of Social Development
Other places you can get help:
We are here to help
If you need to contact us urgently about your tenancy or other concerns:
Please contact your Tenancy Advisor if you need to arrange a visit. Visits will be done safely. Please respect any requests as we want to make sure these can be done safely and in accordance with any government requirements. If you are visiting a Tenancy Advisor office you will need to sign in or scan the QR code. Please call us or email us on the details above – we are still here to help you.
What's closed and what's open at your housing complex
Community rooms are open
Please scan in with the QR code or sign in if you wish to use a community room. Please wear a mask. You do not need to show your COVID Vaccine Pass to use the community room at a City Housing complex. Gatherings can be up to 50 people based on 1 metre physical distancing in a defined space.
Other community spaces in the city may require you to show your COVID Vaccine Pass.
Playgrounds and barbecue areas are open
Community gardens are open
Laundry and mail rooms are open
Please wear a mask and keep one metre distance from other tenants. Extra cleaning is still being done in these spaces as required. Please wash your hands for at least 20 seconds before and after you use these rooms. If the rooms are busy, wait until there are fewer people.
Maintenance, rubbish, and cleaning
Maintenance requests Call us on 04 499 4444 to log maintenance requests as usual, or you can use the FIXiT app.
For everyone’s safety, City Housing staff and our contractors will be fully vaccinated. We ask that you respect the health and safety of our staff and follow any health and safety requests they make when they attend your property (eg to wear a mask or open a window for ventilation).
Rubbish and recycling collection
Rubbish and recycling collections continue.
At orange, our cleaning contractors will continue to do additional extra cleaning on surfaces that are frequently touched, such as lift buttons, exit buttons, handrails and in common areas including laundries and mail rooms as required.
Where to get reliable information
You can also free call or text 1737 to speak to a counsellor if you are feeling anxious or just need someone to talk to.
Visiting the Service Centre
At Orange the Service Centre is open and requires you to show your COVID Vaccine Pass and to scan or sign in on arrival.
If you are unable to show a COVID Vaccine Pass, please contact your Tenancy Advisor or call 04 499 4444 to discuss your needs