Follow Government advice
- If you test positive or live with someone who has COVID-19 you will need to self-isolate for 7 days. Get help and support at covid19.govt.nz/isolation-and-care
- Some businesses may still ask you to show your COVID Vaccine Pass. You no longer need to show your COVID Vaccine Pass when visiting a Council facility – eg library, swimming pool, or Wellington City Council Arapaki Service Centre.
- You do not need your COVID Vaccine Pass to access social housing or essential services like schools, supermarkets, dairies, pharmacies, public transport, and health care.
- If you leave home you must wear a mask around other people and in public places like shops, libraries, and on public transport.
- If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work or school. Don’t socialise.
- If you have a cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms call your doctor or Healthline on 0800 358 5453 and get advice about being tested. The latest information can be found on covid19.govt.nz or the Unite Against COVID-19 Facebook page.
Tenant welfare needs
Call MSD if you urgently need groceries or other essential household items, like nappies and sanitary products, and they will let you know how they can help you. You can contact MSD even if you are not an existing customer.
For more information visit COVID-19 - Ministry of Social Development
Other places you can get help:
We are here to help
If you need to contact us about your tenancy or other concerns:
Please contact your Tenancy Advisor if you need to arrange a visit. Visits will be done safely. Please respect any requests as we want to make sure these can be done safely and in accordance with any government requirements.
What's closed and what's open at your housing complex
Community rooms are open.
Please wear a mask.
Playgrounds and barbecue areas are open.
Community gardens are open.
Laundry and mail rooms are open.
Please wear a mask. Extra cleaning is still being done in these spaces as required. Please wash your hands for at least 20 seconds before and after you use these rooms. If the rooms are busy, wait until there are fewer people.
Maintenance, rubbish, and cleaning
Maintenance requests Call us on 04 499 4444 to log maintenance requests as usual, or you can use the FIXiT app.
We ask that you respect the health and safety of our staff and follow any health and safety requests they make when they attend your property (eg to wear a mask or open a window for ventilation).
Rubbish and recycling collection
Rubbish and recycling collections continue.
At Orange, our cleaning contractors will continue to do additional extra cleaning on surfaces that are frequently touched, such as lift buttons, exit buttons, handrails and in common areas including laundries and mail rooms as required.
Visiting the Service Centre
At Orange the Service Centre is open.
Get your COVID Vaccine Pass