Complaints and disputes

The Council has procedures to fairly and impartially deal with complaints and disputes.


Do you have any feedback or a complaint about our services, or are you experiencing any issues with your neighbours?

Talk to your Tenancy Advisor, who will be happy to help you.

You can make a complaint:

  • By phone - call your Tenancy Advisor on 04 499 4444.
  • Online - complete our contact form or email us at
  • By post - write to us at City Housing, Wellington City Council, 113 The Terrace, Wellington Central, Wellington 6011.


If a tenant or the Council has a dispute, or if the tenancy agreement is breached, they can make an application to Tenancy Services for mediation or a Tenancy Tribunal hearing. A tenancy mediator is referred to the case to help resolve the problem.