Events and other uses

How you can use the footpath for an event or performance, or to sell goods from a footpath.

Event or performance

To use the footpath for an event or performance, contact the Council's Street Activities Coordinator.

If you are hosting an event that encroaches onto the road or footpath you'll need a special road usage license. 


Selling goods

To sell goods from a footpath, see: Trading in public places.

Other activities

For all other activities on public footpaths, other than ordinary pedestrian traffic, contact the Street Activities Coordinator. For some you may need approval beforehand from the Council, in other cases there may be safety issues that you need to think about.

Contact us

Street Activities Coordinator

Phone: 04 499 4444