Below are details of the current outages, closures and changes to services due to recent earthquake events and storm. If you'd like to see a map view: Earthquake Recovery Map
Council services and facilities
- The Civic Administration Building (CAB) will remain closed until further notice. The Council Service Centre has moved to the ground floor of the adjoining Municipal Office Building (MOB) at 101 Wakefield Street.
- You can pay online for your rates and other Council services.
- Wellington i-SITE Visitor Information Centre has temporarily moved to the Michael Fowler Centre, 111 Wakefield Street.
Highways and roads
Highways – check NZTA for updated information.
Roads – closures – check Transport for Wellington for further information.
Roads – cordons – check Transport for Wellington for further information.
- Aitken Street – a pedestrian-only cordon is in place to the north of the NZ Defence Building, 2-12 Aitken Street (corner Aitken/Mulgrave Street) following further inspections on 22/11/2016. Mulgrave Street Cordon Map (388KB PDF)
- Wakefield Street (Civic Administration Building) – Pedestrian access to pathways and street parking may be affected on Wakefield Street as work is being done on the Civic Administration Building (CAB).
For car park information, check with their providers
Tenancy Services advice for tenants and landlords: Repairs after a natural disaster | Damage in a natural disaster