Pre-qualified consultants and preferred contractors
We keep registers of pre-qualified consultants and preferred contractors for construction and infrastructure work.
We keep a register of preferred contractors that have supplied or carried-out work for the Council.
Why do we keep a register of consultants?
We keep a register of pre-qualified suppliers to
- achieve the best possible value technical consultancy
- keep a high degree of skill and competition in the local market
- keep a record of external resources and specialist expertise in Wellington for complex or technically demanding work
- keep a record of external resources and specialist expertise in Wellington for quick recovery from natural disasters and other emergencies
- develop and retain enough in-house skills and knowledge to allow effective internal and external communication on all technical matters.
Our use of the Pre-qualified Consultant Register
The Council may choose technical service providers for direct appointment or closed contest from the register of pre-qualified consultants when the value of the work is within the Council’s defined limits.
Applying for the Pre-qualified Consultant Register
Every three years in July, our Pre-qualified Technical Consultant Register is opened to new entrants and to allow existing pre-qualified consultants to update their details or extend the coverage of their pre-qualification.
To register interest in the next application process email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preferred Register of Contractors
We also maintain a register of preferred contractors. This register is a record of all companies that have supplied or carried-out work for the Council.
New suppliers are only added to this register after meeting the criteria during a tender or quotation process.
Contractors remain on the register unless they no longer meet our requirements.