Lincolnshire Farm Neighbourhood Concept
Wellington City Council is planning to develop Lincolnshire Farm - a stretch of undeveloped land in the northern suburbs. This area is the largest opportunity for new development in Wellington city.
Lincolnshire Farm Housing Concept
Development of the site potentially includes:
- opportunities for new road connections between the surrounding communities
- recreation opportunities and ecological protection
- a business park with local employment opportunities
- around 800-900 new households
- a 4-lane link road from Grenada / SH1 to the Hutt Valley / SH2.
The area has been identified for urban development since the 1970s. This was confirmed through the development of the Northern Growth Management Framework in 2003, a process involving extensive public consultation.
The Council has developed a structure plan for Lincolnshire Farm. A structure plan is a series of maps and supporting text to guide the future development or redevelopment of a particular area. It defines things such as:
- the pattern of development and land uses
- areas of open space
- community facilities
- the layout and nature of infrastructure, including transportation links
- other key features to manage the effects of development.
This structure plan will be implemented through changes to the District Plan.
Structure Plan (2.3MB PDF)
Lincolnshire Farm Avenue Concept
In April and May 2006, the Council sought public input on the plans to develop Lincolnshire Farm. Further consultation was undertaken as part of the changes to the District Plan. This plan change was approved by Council in March 2007.
District Plan Change 45: Urban Development Area and Structure Plans