Clifton Car Park upgrade
We are upgrading Clifton Car Park’s old parking systems to make it easier to pay and get in and out.
Smart new systems at Clifton Car Park
We are upgrading Clifton Car Park’s old parking systems to make it easier to pay and get in and out. Upgrades will take place from 26 January to 7 February 2017.
Using your EFTPOS and credit/debit card for payments during the upgrade can be time consuming. To save time please pay with cash while the work happens.
What should you look out for?
- One of the entry lanes will be closed during the upgrade. We suggest you allow extra time for parking.
Only one of the booths will be operational while you exit.
Where can I get help?
There will be an attendant on site during peak entry and exit times and extra staff will be available to help customers during this time of change.
New parking systems
- Convenient automated parking system with new pay stations and extra payment options will be available. You’ll be able to use:
- credit/debit card including payWave/paypassTM
- pre-pay for parking using stored value cards. You can load money on to one of these at our pay stations and use it to pay at the exits.
- Improved entry/exit experience with a more reliable barcode-based ticket system.
- You can present (‘wave’) your credit/debit card or stored-value card at the entry station as you come in and at the exit station when you leave – your card becomes your ticket.
- Direct intercom link to and support from Wellington City Council’s Contact Centre. The new system can be operated remotely so most problems can be resolved quickly and easily.
- More security cameras.
Are the fees changing?
Not as part of this equipment upgrade but they may be reviewed in the future.