2 Compliance with the Bylaw
2.1 Control of discharges
2.1.1 No person shall:
- discharge, or cause to be discharged, any trade waste to the wastewater system except in accordance with a consent issued under the provisions of this Bylaw
- discharge, or cause to be discharged, a prohibited trade waste into the wastewater system
- add or permit the addition of condensing or cooling water to any wastewater unless specific approval is given in a consent
- add or permit the addition of stormwater to any wastewater unless specific approval is given in a consent.
2.1.2 In the event of failure to comply with 2.1 (a-d) the Council may physically prevent discharge to the wastewater system.
2.2 Storage, transport, handling and use of harmful materials
- No person shall store, transport, handle or use, or cause to be stored, transported, handled or used any of the materials listed in 2.2(c) in a manner that may cause the material to enter the wastewater system and cause harmful effects.
- All persons in trade premises shall take all reasonable steps to prevent the accidental entry of any of the materials listed in 2.2(c) of this Bylaw from entry into the wastewater system as a result of leakage, spillage or other mishap.
- Materials referred to in 2.2 (a) and (b) are those:
- products or wastes containing corrosive, toxic, biocidal, radioactive, flammable or explosive materials
- likely to generate toxic, flammable, explosive or corrosive materials in quantities likely to be hazardous, when mixed with the wastewater stream
- likely to be deleterious to the health and safety of the Council's staff and the public or be harmful to the wastewater system or environment.