City lawns getting some pre-winter TLC
30 March 2017
Autumn is here – and it’s time for Wellington City Council’s lawn renovations programme.
A number of the city’s most popular parks, lawns and dog exercise areas will be given an autumn tune-up in the next few weeks.
The Council’s Parks, Sport and Recreation Manager, Paul Andrews, says various procedures will be carried out. These include topdressing, weed control, drainage work, fertilising and oversowing with new grass seed.
Here’s the list of lawns getting a makeover:
- Waitangi Park
- Te Aro Park
- Glover Park
- Midland Park
- Cobblestone Park (Vivian Street)
- Railway Station forecourt
- Post Office Square
- Magyar Millennium Park (Molesworth Street)
- Civic Square and Jack Ilott Green
- Cummings Park (Ngaio)
- Aro Park
- Volunteer Park (Victoria Street)
- Waititi Lawn (cnr Molesworth Street and Lambton Quay)
- Cog Park (Evans Bay)
- Kent Terrace/Cambridge Terrace median
- Pukeahu Memorial Park.