A Day in the Life of Wellington City Council
29 April 2014
Wellingtonians connect with Council services in many ways.
Here are just a few examples of what Council staff do in a day to ensure that we all enjoy a healthy, safe and stimulating life in our great city.
All this and much more for the equivalent of $5.70 day per resident.
In a day:
- 7.28m litres of water are supplied
- 956 people visit recreation centres
- 1,491 visitors welcomed to our gallery and museums
- 3,383 people visit the pools
- 7,727 people visit our libraries
- 9,841 items are borrowed from libraries
- 250 people visit the Service Centre
- 1,200 calls are answered
- 6,000 visitors to the Council website
- 400 people visit the landfill
- 6,800 bags of household waste are collected
- 13,600 bags of recycling are collected
- 17,706 people took public transport to work
- 21,912 city residents walked or cycled to work
- 39,756 city residents drove to work.