The Pacific Advisory Group, established in December 2003, is a link between the Council and Wellington's Pacific communities. It is designed to have representatives from Wellington's main Pacific nation groups - Cook Islands, Fiji, Melanesia, Micronesia, Niue, Samoa, Tokelau, Tuvalu and Tonga.
The group's role is to:
- facilitate consultation with Pacific communities
- help Pacific communities understand Council processes
- enable Pacific peoples to participate in the Council's decision-making processes
- help the Council understand the needs of Pacific communities and how these may be addressed in the context of the Council's roles and priorities.
Elections are held every three years.
Pacific Advisory Group members
- Alapeta Faletau
- Anthony Laupepe
- Ida Faiumu-Isa'ako (Deputy Chair)
- Kimi Higginson
- Ledua Taucilagi
- Meremine Auelua
- Merio Marsters
- Sai Lealea (Chair)
- Sharon Samasoni
- Sofi Taufo'ou
- Herbert Bartley
- Alvin Mitikulena
- Nicole Rex
Wellington City Council representatives
- Cr Sarah Free
- Cr Paul Eagle