Reasons to Work for the Council
Six great reasons to work for Wellington City Council
- Variety: Work as part of a large and diverse organisation. Our services and projects are as diverse and interesting as the people who deliver them - from recreation to housing; libraries to urban design, policy to risk management; finance to infrastructure; trades to compliance; and more. We work on projects large and small, connect communities, and provide support services to keep it all going.
- Innovation: We are focused on providing tomorrow's solutions for today's issues.
- Flexibility and work / life balance: With opportunities to work from home and flexible working arrangements, we do our best to provide options for all staff to achieve the balance that is right for them.
- Opportunity: We understand that continual learning and development is vital. We encourage staff development, both personal and professional. Many in our staff have progressed through very different challenging and enjoyable careers within the Council.
- Community focus: We engage with Wellington communities in all their diversity. Our work with partner organisations, community groups and local iwi ensures our services cater for community needs and honours our commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi.
- Fun: We encourage staff to get involved, challenge themselves and learn something new:
- Take part in one of our many sports teams (competitive and social)
- Join our te reo or kapa haka groups
- Enjoy on-site yoga classes and discounted events
- Participate in nationwide events like the Global Corporate Challenge and Iron Maori.
Our staff are passionate about the city we work for, and enthusiastic about making a positive difference for all Wellingtonians.
||Whaia te iti kahurangi
|Encourage fresh thinking
||Whakatoitoi i nga hua auaha
|Deliver what's right
||Whakatinanahia te tika
|Act with integrity and respect
|Aspire to zero harm
||Kia pumau ki te haumaru